We Are Growing - We are looking for:
You'd work on a team reading population-specific research survey responses about the insights people have had that improved their lives and identify the patterns and most practically useful insights. Then you'd work with a team to turn those patterns and insights into web content that will inspire our hundreds of thousands of users in that sub-population.
This is a full-time position in our Berkeley, CA office.
$30/hour + Platinum Kaiser Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Gym benefits.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Analytical ability to see how ideas are connected to each other.
- Strong writing ability to concisely convey an idea so the reader really 'gets it' and enjoys the process.
- Great reading comprehension--it's a lot like those sections on standardized tests where you read a passage and have to answer questions about meaning, only here you're reading hundreds of people's often quickly and haphazardly typed survey responses.
- A kind of optimism and enjoyment in doing this kind of subjective puzzle-thinking. Some really get energized by this work and find it intoxicating.
- A tendency to suspend skepticism/disbelief... and focus on finding solutions, not enumerating hurdles. It's always easier to poke holes in new ideas but that doesn't allow the pieces to form and come together. Baby ideas need caring sculptors who believe in them.
- A strong belief in empiricism. (The theory that all knowledge is derived from sense-experience. This view is commonly contrasted with rationalism, which states that knowledge may be derived from reason independently of the senses.)
- The ability to hone in on and pick out what other people would get excited about, not just what you get excited about... getting out of yourself and your own experiences as individuals and our Berkeley bubbles and empathizing with 'all the people out there.'
- Ability to hold a number of things in their head at same time.
- Strong productivity - a self-directed ability to do all of the above on a schedule. And be self-motivated to create and stay with a schedule.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send your resume and cover letter as two PDFs to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the text of the email, include links to any writing samples or video of you speaking online
Name the resume, PDF, "LAST NAME, FIRST NAME - RESUME -CONTENT RESEARCHER"
Name the cover letter PDF, "LAST NAME, FIRST NAME - COVER - CONTENT RESEARCHER"
In your short cover letter, please tell us:
- something striking you've realized over your lifetime about how human beings think or feel about sex and/or sexual pleasure.